Sunday, January 22, 2012

INDIVIDUAL REPORT:SANDHYA POKHREL

Working in a group has never been my strong pursuit and when we were informed about our coursework which included the group presentation, I felt it would not be an easy task. We had to form the group of three students and as I had bonded with some of my classmates very well ,deciding whom to work was not difficult at all .However, the group was formed successfully, I was  equally worried as the group constituted the people with  different  ideas and knowledge.
I was satisfied with the group members and felt comfortable working with them as all of them were equally committed and focused on the coursework. Selection of the topic was quite difficult as the presentation on the topic had to be learning orientated. Finally, after a long discussion the dilemma for the selection of the topic came to an end and the topic was finalized as 'Problem solving' that would be based on computing.
The topic 'Problem solving' itself is vast and it would not be possible to cover all the areas related to it .As for the presentation  , to be made learning oriented we decided to be more focused on 'Algorithm and Flowchart' which is one of the efficient problem solving tool for the computers. Use of the sequential instructions for the algorithm and the graphical representation of the algorithm with the use of different symbols as Flowchart would make the topic more interesting.
With the selection of the topic, all of us started working together   with discussion of the format of the presentation of what contents it required and how would we represent it in an interesting way. We had  had the discussion on the division of the works so that we could accomplish our works on time. Apart from the discussion, the contents for the presentation were decided and the works division was done accordingly for the collection of the relevant information and images to be   included in the presentation so that we could bring the proper format to our presentation.
According to the division of the works among us, I had to collect the information that would give an introduction to problem solving and problem solving tool i.e., Algorithm and Flowchart. I took the help from the books and e-learning sources as for the collection of the information and managed the collected information in key points. The proper implementation of the images accordingly as per the information was done by Elisha and Oshan edited the slides with the proper format managing the use of the images and information required in an appropriate way.
The experience of working as a group was great as it was my first presentation as the group member. With the cooperative support and participation of the other group members the presentation was prepared successfully. The team work I found on my group was good, as the result of which we could present the topic more efficiently and clearly. The most important thing I achieved was to work as a group member .I found my team members energetic and cooperative and   I would choose them as my group member if the same opportunity comes on the way in near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment